A large, $3B medical healthcare provider with 10+ hospitals,150+ clinics, and 60+ pharmacies desired a data center assessment and future data center strategy. Their current facility was aged (25+ years) and was only a Tier I facility, which was not suitable in terms of healthcare standards.
After completing the assessment, Excipio provided alternative strategies that included colocation, potential buildings available for lease, and build new options.
The client chose to build a new, Tier III data center. Excipio engaged with the client from the initial strategy, solution selection, data center design, construction, and commissioning.
The client from a lower total cost of ownership by utilizing existing fiber and property. Other benefits included:
- A new Tier III facility with modern technologies capable of 500kW of usable UPS power
- A modular, scalable facility capable of expanding to 1MW of usable UPS power
- Hot aisle containment with in-row cooling, allowing for free cooling for 7 months of the year
- Excipio saved the client $3M in the process from design to final commissioning
- designed as the DR facility, this facility later became the production data center