A health care organization needed as evaluation of the current state of what they considered to be a service desk in attempt to resolve some issues and define a future strategy. The client’s IT support team was having issues around:
- Quality of service needed improvement
- Lack of ownership issues
- High cost per call
The Service Desk Assessment performed by Excipio included:
- Evaluation of internal day-to-day operations, staffing, scheduling, reporting, multi-incident flow processes, and hand-off solutions
- Assessment of agent workflow, training, call handling, service levels agreements, technology infrastructure, and metrics
- The “service desk” more accurately operated as a “contact center”
- Recommendations for certification programs for CSRs
- Recommendations around IT Service Management (ITSM) – ITIL framework aimed at standardizing and improving customer service.
- Client gained understanding of contact center’s current capabilities.
- Business case summarizing the available options to improve.
- Clear understanding of current capabilities, risk, and a business case summarizing the capital requirements and operating cost associated with all the available options.