- Issue: The client had no idea on what business services were most critical to the business and what was the right amount to invest for a recovery solution
- Result: Defines what is and is not actually needed for the client’s DR solution so the client spends only what is required
- Issue: The client could not meet their compliance and regulatory requirements due to the inability to recover
- Result: The client was able to recover from a single failure to a complete outage and avoided tens of millions of dollars in fines or loss of funding.
- Issue: The client was at high risk of financial loss from their customers in the event of an outage.
- Result: The client was now able to identify and understand the risk of a failure and its impact on their customers.
Approach and Solutions
Disaster recovery (DR) focuses on the ability of an organization to recover from a technology outage. This can be loss of a single technology or a catastrophic event. The following are examples of solutions Excipio provides around disaster recovery.
- True current state inventory assessment
- Review existing disaster recovery plans
- Document dependencies between applications and supporting infrastructure
- Risk and prioritization study
- Business operational compliance
- Disaster recovery management software
- External vendor solutions (data center, cloud, etc.)
- Disaster recovery request for proposal (RFP)
- Disaster Recovery Technical Implementation Plan
- Disaster Recovery Application Plan
- Disaster Recovery Infrastructure Plan
- Overall Company Plan
- Ongoing testing